Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Beauty comes from within, not without



  As the majority of us constantly struggle to appear physically beautiful, we are often forgetting the spiritual aspect of beauty. It's not that we do so by purpose, but that we are conditioned to do so (majority of the time).

  From personal experiences, people repeatedly claim to notice inner beauty before outer, or prefer it. Is that the case? Yes, we do not want others to think we're shallow so we say this. However, outer beauty does matter to a certain extent. Don't get the wrong idea here! I'm not saying that what is presented in today's society is correct, but I hope you get the idea!


  The complication with inner beauty is that, who is the superior being that defines good from wrong? One can ever so easily believe they are a beautiful being from within, on the contrary another wouldn't see them as spiritually beautiful due to diversity in morals, also considering how one is raised. Let me put it this way; if you are a religious character and follow the "proper ways of life" written by your religion, you will be considered beautiful and pure from another devotional person. Although, a skeptic, for example, would not see eye-to-eye and defiantly has their own descriptions of "what makes you a good person".

  On that note, all I can do is suggest some ways to be open-minded and to find inner peace. I find that being happy plays a tremendous part in being beautiful from within.
No one can object that an open minded being has an advantage, and one who is at peace can find beauty in others (not only in people!) with ease.

  Yoga! Meditation is a great way for one to be at peace. Whether taking a class or practicing at home it is still beneficial. Yoga helps to give a sense of clarity and self-awareness
. Some suggest meditating daily for at least 10 minutes to experience a better life style. Some poses are: Shavasana (corpse pose) = laying down back to the floor arms to the side. Lotus position= typical yoga pose, sitting down legs crossed. Being constantly stressed is an issue for most today. Even teenagers are experiencing high levels of this. It is important to free your mind and body in order to be free from stress and to be happy. Take the time needed to better yourself. Yoga will help to control your mind, being able to find true beauty in even the most unsightly things.

  There`s not one person that can tell you what makes you a good/beautiful person without being biased. All I can leave you with is, stay true to yourself. Yes very cheesy, I know! However, being at peace with yourself is one step closer to being at peace with the rest of the world.
 Be positive! Be happy! Be beautiful!







Sources:
http://www.wendydown.com/can-your-spirituality-make-you-beautiful
http://www.how-to-meditate.org/why-learn-to-meditate.htm/
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEi41fsBjbqFFhxRETHcb2HZxEjGbwGrvXXniZdsoNoKf7JQjmBp7pHY7fb6V6ZBFTUisHArNWBO62TfMNTlLzqlkx_5enstkIuP31oCD4EHyHYLbFKSIIQU3LbJwUpqgkC023jbByp7mLo/s1600/inner+beauty+quotes.jpg

6 comments:

  1. For being a guy, I actually quite enjoyed reading your blog. I've always questioned why so many girls cared so much about their looks. I mean, yes guys do look at that but a pretty girl is nothing without a great personality. Plus, I liked the fact that you gave methods on how to find your inner beauty. Sounds weird coming from a guy but I wish more girls thought liked you and didn't care so much about looks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carly, I really enjoyed reading your blog. I agree with you that beauty for one person can be different for another depending on their religious beliefs. I really appreciated how you stressed the importance of focusing on perfecting your inner beauty rather than your outer beauty. Not many people in today's society realize the importance of being happy with who you are on the inside and I believe that it is something that everyone should prioritize. I look forward to reading more of your blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man! I totally agree with everything that you have said in this post. Yes, it is okay to think about how you look, as in you do want to look pretty and beautiful on the outside, who doesn't right? However, girls these days only think about the outer beauty which is a bummer. Girls in today society fail to realize that outer beauty is NOT all that should count in a person's life. Girls especially! They should not take all their time focusing on their looks, but more to being well herself. I really enjoyed this post and am really looking forward to reading more of your blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with your opinion that beauty within is better then our looks. Although I also believe, that exterior beauty is the first impression, when one see's a beautiful person they like them and have good vibes about them, that allows them to learn further about them and discover their personality. Look at it as an outfit in the store, you would never go try it on for size if it was ugly, you would first try a "beautiful" outfit and discover that it is uncomfortable, then you would hear that the "uglier" outfit is much better. My point is, we are all superficial, then after we look deeper in the internal beauty. Again I agree with you that the inner beauty is much better, I find nothing more attractive than a confidant and outgoing person. I enjoyed this blog, can't wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, Yoga!! I absolutely love yoga! Whenever I actually have free time (rarely..) I adore and devote myself to yoga. The complete inner and outer peace I experience after Yoga makes me feel invincible. To me, that feeling is what beauty is. To be confident and a peace without any internal or external self doubts. It is so mind clearing - I feel like such a better, more care-free person. That ultimately enables me to be able to focus more on others and how I'm treating them, rather then how I'm feeling about myself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carly this is an amazing blog post. You touched a sensitive topic that many girls face in todays society. The fact that you are willing to reach out and tell other girls that they shouldn't care about what other people think of them on the outside is a really important and brave thing to do. Keep up the good work, beauty from within is so much prettier then just having beauty on the outside.

    ReplyDelete